Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Yoga Mangala Uganda


I am very happy that classes have now been underway for the last couple of months here in Kampala; Uganda with two new yoga spaces and a little growing community consisting of 19 children from the age of 8 up to teenagers and 8 adult practitioners.  I am extremely happy that almost all the children attending class are Ugandan and I am able to share this wonderful practice of yoga with them and impart health and knowledge for them to build on.  These kids are our future so it really brings a big smile to my heart to begin with them and see them really enjoying either the peace they gain after a long day at their studies as they lie in Savasana, or the fun they are having learning with patience and excitement such postures as handstand and the crow, tipping themselves upside down and showing their feet to the sky!
It is always a challenge to start somewhere new and find new people to share a practice with growing together, but I am determined to make a go of it here, I have been walking the miles giving out flyers, posting on social network sites, maybe I should start shouting from the rooftop, but I am ready to put my energy into bringing classical yoga here and sharing its benefits.  It seems my way of teaching and trust in the classical approach is a little different from what may have been experienced from a yogic point of view here in Africa, where the word power seems to crop up a lot!!! But with that I will find the power within to keep to a traditional approach, I have great faith in my Guru’s and all that I have learnt so far, but I would love to see a few adult Ugandans coming to see what this is all about, maybe the community class on the 7th of November will tempt some to the mat!
Let the adventure continue!!!
Please come across the miles to join me, or if you are here in Kampala then come across the jams to Butabika, breathe fresh air and join a group class at Gems Cambridge International School, times as below.

MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SAT

7.45-8.15am
Hatha Yoga
USH20000



10.00-11.30am
Hatha Yoga
Free class
Every first Saturday of the month.
3.00-4.00pm
Hatha Yoga
Gems KS2 students

3.00-4.00pm
Hatha Yoga
Gems KS3 students



5.00-6.30pm
Hatha yoga
USH20000

5.00-5.30pm
Meditation and breathing techniques
USH5000

4.30-6.00pm
Hatha Yoga
USH20000


Community classes are free on the first Saturday of each month, so come on do something different and put yourself on the mat and take a leap into a journey of your beautiful self!!

Private sessions also available at my home shala
If you are in Uganda come and see me, If you are not in Uganda come and see me!!!!!

Om Lokha Somasta Sukhino Bhavantu
May all beings find harmony, balance and peace
Have beautiful days
OM Shanti
Mangala / Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment