Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Are we the right way up or upside down?


Shirshasan is one of my favorite postures, although at the beginning it can be daunting the thought of turning ourselves up the other way, but ironically it can be the very act of doing that which actually puts us back the right way up when things are confused, troubled and painful and everything feels like it is upside down when we are standing on our feet. 
The process of healing from any situation is an organic one that comes from the higher intelligence that is within us.  Not from our minds but from a higher more conscious place that is within.  Recently I have come to the realization that I haven’t been honest with my own self.  Although in yoga we follow Satya, which is that of honesty, looking at oneself in truth is not easy.  Honoring our position our character and our qualities both positive and negative can be painful and not so pretty.  I am trying to climb down from my ego and the pedestal that I created; thinking that I was perfectly ok and able to help all those that surrounded me without effort, as I know myself and have dealt with myself.  In reality, I am small, self-conscious, sometimes terrified, and fighting an inner battle and am actually not the strongest person on the earth that I have been pretending to be!  I have made a million mistakes and am now trying to accept them, now I have to start looking after myself instead of avoiding myself.  Only then will it be possible to help others.  Yoga, my husband, mother earth and my family have brought me to a time to reveal honesty.  ‘Sometimes it is hard to be a brave animal when you are only very small.’  Said Piglet to Pooh, ‘It’s ok.’  Said Pooh, ‘ I will hold your hand.’
The headstand is really helping me at this point to soothe my system, calm and ground myself.  It soothes the emotional seat of the brain and that part of us that when we are sensitive really feels the ups and downs of life.  It is helping me to find the right way up!  I have always loved the moon from a little girl and headstand is a way to tune to that lunar side, cooling and nurturing, this is rest and repair.  With practice it really isn’t difficult, if you believe you can do it, then you can do it, and then the healing process can take place in its time, in its place without the mind trying to control everything, enabling us to pause.
In the Bhagavad Gita it is explained that Yoga is being able to be completely contented in any given situation, I can now admit freely that I am not there yet, and that is perfectly ok.
Wishing you all love and light and an open heart
OM shanti shanti shanti
Mangala / Nicky.

Please practice under the guidance of a suitable teacher

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honesty! Sending you ask my love. Pia

    ReplyDelete