Friday, September 26, 2014

Navaratri - Celebrating Female Energy.



Navaratri celebrates 9 nights of the forms of Devi or we can say female energy.  This is considered an important junction of climatic and solar influences and is a wonderful opportunity to worship the Divine Mother.  This can evoke every aspect of the universal consciousness in the form of Mother, the one who removes all our miseries, the one full of unconditional love and compassion the one who protects.
This morning as I chanted Kali Ma with my group of kirtan singers I really felt the aspect of femininity and love rise within me and the word namaste came to my mind.  This word has such deep and profound meaning it is not simply a greeting it is a way to honour all universal consciousness that resides within each of us.  So in light of this I will leave you with these words and I hope that you feel this too.
Namaste
My soul honours your soul
I honour the place in you
Where the entire universe resides.
I honour the light , love, truth
Beauty and peace within you.
Because it is also within me.
In sharing these things
We are united we are the same
We are one.

Namaste to one and all
Love from my heart and wishing you all find the beautiful light within you and allow that light to shine outward into the world.
Happy Navaratri!
Mangala / Nicky.

No comments:

Post a Comment